San Diego Travel Writer & Travel Photographer provides:
- San Diego Travel Photography & Videography
- San Diego Travel Writing & Blogging
- Specializing in San Diego City and County and Southern California events and attractions
- Travel Blogging
I’m Robert Olsson. I started the next chapter of my life as a San Diego travel writer and travel photographer in the summer of 2015. Before that, beyond traveling, I spent a few years taking courses, attending workshops, practicing.
I have always enjoyed photography. The same for writing. What better way to do both than by being a travel writer and photographer? And since I live in San Diego, what better place to write about than my hometown?
Some notes about San Diego:
- It is one of the world’s vacation travel destinations.
- An estimated 34 million visitors spend time in San Diego every year.
- With a mild Mediterranean climate that provides excellent weather year round and over 70 miles of beaches.
- There’s always something to do. (That might be why the Padres and Chargers only fill their stadiums when the’re winning.)
- Yes, I have an opinion on a new stadium.
- No, I will not share it. This is not a political forum.
San Diego is much more than the weather, surf and sand. San Diego is host to a world-renowned zoo—maybe even the best zoo in the world!—and an internationally recognized Maritime Museum.
There you can find the world’s oldest working iron-hold sailing ship and a number of other historic vessels. The USS Midway, a retired aircraft carrier and now a museum, is only a 10-minute walk from the Maritime Museum.
I could go on and on about all of the features just around the newly renovated waterfront. And there’s much more inland: fantastic starry nights that are distant enough from light pollution to let you actually see the Milky Way, some great hot-air ballooning, and some impressive wineries that can compete head-to-head with those of Napa Valley.
Wrapping It Up
As a San Diego travel writer, my goal is to publicize all of the happenings and activities in this great vacation destination. Once this site and its sister site, rjolsson.com, are fully up and running, you can stop by frequently for ideas on what to see and do.